Sponsor a family member


Contact us to find out if you can sponsor a member of your family.

We evaluate your situation quickly and without charge.

If you are Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada and you are at least 18 years of age, you may sponsor certain members of your family to obtain permanent residence in Canada.

Sponsor a spouse, common-law partner or a dependent child

Whether they are abroad or in Canada, you can sponsor to immigrate to Canada:

  • Your spouse
  • Your common-law partner or conjugal partner
  • Your dependent children

Sponsor another member of the family

In some cases you may sponsor other members of your family:

  • Parents or grandparents
  • Brothers, Sisters (in certain circumstances)

Super visa for parents and grandparents

Your parents or grandparents may come to visit you in Canada for an extended period of time:

  • Special program for parents and grandparents
  • Right to stay in Canada for a period of 2 years without the need to renew the status
  • Visa valid for a maximum period of 10 years
  • Rights to enter and leave Canada multiples times

If you want to sponsor a family member, you must provide proofs that you can meet the basic needs such as food, clothing and housing. In most cases, you must also demonstrate that you can financially support your family member and ensure that he or she does not require financial assistance from the government.

Your family member must pass a medical examination, security check and background checks. A person will not be allowed to enter Canada if she has a criminal record or if she represents a risk to the security of the Canadian.